Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ugly quilt


Michelle, at Rock House Quilts, is sponsoring her first annual Ugly Fabric Quilt challenge contest. I wasn't interested until Judy tickles me into purchasing a bag of fabrics with a swatch of the "ugly" fabric pasted to the outside. The challenge is to make something beautiful out of this ugly fabric and the coordinating fabrics contained in the bag. This is the end results from my bag of fabrics. I did add two fabrics, the background cream and the small swatch of Purple fabric in the center of the flower petals. Well! Is it ugly enough? The applique was machine applique using the method taught by Carmen Geddes of Eagle Mountain when she came to our Guild meeting last October.

1 comment:

Christi said...

That is so far from being ugly! I love it!