Thursday, August 11, 2011

Strike Duty Day 3 - A third grade reminder

Our two truck combo couldn't fix the customer's problem at the end of day 2. Our plan was to start Day 3 where we left off on Day 2. We enhanced our plan by inviting the "real" technition to join us. We were followed to the site by three vehicles filled with union people. Before we knew it, there was a picket line right in front of the customer's property. They were just as loud and obnixious as they were at the garage. One guy had a blow horn and he used it at full capacity. Another guy had a siren and he cranked it up full blast. A neighbor called the police. The police showed up, but just did a drive by. No help. At one point during the customer visit, we had to go out to the "Cross Box". Several of us walked down the block while the union members followed us. We were favored by chants and harrassment while we were focused on serving the customer. The guy with the blow horn saw my name on my name tag. He called me out, "Hey Stevie, you're too old for this. Why don't you go home to your job and family and allow us to do our jobs to support our families". He then started to chant, "Stevie, Stevie, Stevie". I felt like I was in the third grade.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I can't believe you have to subject yourself to all that harrassment. I just don't see justification in any of it. And it breaks my heart to think you won't be in Florida. Just hang in there (and I don't mean from a ladder) We love you.

Alison said...

Ugh.