Thursday, April 25, 2013

Visa Drama


Last week, Sona once again called authorities from the Ukraine to ask for a copy of the police report, one of the necessary documents for her visa interview.  The gal on the other end of the line told Sona to “Call again on April 30th”.  Sona’s interview was scheduled for April 25th.  Without the report, there was no point in meeting with the consulate.  Sona had plans to call the consulate on Monday to re-schedule her interview.  She waited for the mail to arrive before making her call.  Imagine her surprise when the elusive document arrived.  With the document in hand, plus a plethora of other documents, Sona met with the consulate this morning at 8:30 (last night our time).  The interview concluded with the best possible outcome, Sona was granted her long sought after Visa.  Of course, indicative of how the process has gone so far, there was one hitch.  The consulate wanted a copy of mine and Derek’s passport.  Derek woke me from a deep sleep to ask me to scan and then email a copy of my passport to Sona. Easier said than done.  The scan function wasn’t working on our printer.  After an hour of loading and reloading software, I got the thing to work.  Today, I’m dragging it but a small price to pay!  We appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers in Sona’s behalf.  The Ukraine administrator’s heart was softened and I think we know why.   Next step:  Sona has two tests to take to finish up her bachelor’s degree.  She has tests scheduled for May 8th and May 16th.  Sona will begin her journey to the states as soon after the test as is humanly possible.  Sona reads the blog – let’s give her a big Lowe family congratulations and welcome!

8 comments:

Alison said...

Yay! So happy to hear that things went well. We're looking forward to meeting you in person, Sona. Good luck on your exams.

Mary said...

Oh, Sona, we are so happy that you are finally on your way to the good old USA. We have waited a long time for this, to be able to meet you in person and get to know you completely. (We already love you) I hope your exams go well and that you can board a plane as soon as possible. I've got my camera ready to start taking pictures. See you soon!

Christi said...

We are so happy for you Sona. Our family fasted for you last fast Sunday. As I was driving to church that morning I had a special feeling for you. I could feel Heavenly Father's love for you. I hope your tests go well and that your journey to the US is uneventful.

Sona Zadikyan said...

Thank you all so very much! I was in such great awe when I found out about your prayers. I felt your care and love and the special feeling too because of those prayers! How excited I am to finally meet you all in person!

woodshopron said...

I was so happy to hear the good news that I started crying. I am very excited to meet you in person Sona. I am sure you are anxious to have me sing a helium song in person too! Haha

Unknown said...

Dear Sona,
I was so happy and relieved when Ron told me your Visa came through! I too cried! A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking about you and Derek and I knew that the only thing standing between you and your Visa was our collective faith! I could feel our Heavenly Father's love for you and Derek and the choices you are making! It may seem a little overwhelming to be coming into such a large extended family; I know I was some 34 years ago! You see, I was the first bride to marry into the Lowe family and let me just say, you won't find a better family anywhere! My love and congratulations to you as well as continued prayers for all that is yet to be accomplished! Love, Aunt Marilee

Sona Zadikyan said...

Dear Aunt Marilee,
I want you to know how special it is for me and Derek the things you have said! It is like one more assurance along with Christi's feeling of our right choice and there is no greater thing then to know that God is delighted with us!I admire your faith and trust in God! The Lowe family people are so wonderful that I really can't wait to have you all in my life and especially your influence on us.

Uncle Ron,
I really hope you will show me how you do the helium song! :D

Dear Grandma Mary,
Thank you for everything you do for us! I really admire your sweet personality and can't wait to spent more time with you! :)

talltimber said...

Great comments from everyone. By the way, Sona has her flight reservations. She will arrive in SLC on May 17th at 9:00 PM. The long awaited day will be before you know it.