Sunday, August 18, 2013

Vacation pics

We just got back from a very fun and educational vacation, most of which was spent with Christi and family. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip.


The kids, posing in front of Mount Vernon.

The United States Capitol, which we were able to tour courtesy of Orrin Hatch. Notice the framing? She's still got it, Mom.
 
 
 
Meaning no disrespect to George Mason, we couldn't resist posing with him. 

The FDR memorial was interesting and provided lots of photo ops.
 
 
 
 
I thought this picture at the Vietnam War Memorial was pretty cool. Too bad I have a camera in front of my face. Or maybe it's not too bad.   

At Colonial Williamsburg, the girls try on some fashionable hats of the time period.
 
 
At Duke Gardens. This was almost a photo oops. I thought one of them might take a dive.
 
 

The Washington DC temple, behind us, looks almost unreal, doesn't it? It was gorgeous. We were able to do baptisms for the dead here one evening.
 

1 comment:

Mary said...

You have some great, creative shots there. I especially liked the frame over the Capital building. Thanks for sharing.