Sunday, September 1, 2013

Last Day of Summer Break and The First Day of School

Whew! I'm so glad summer is over. We have been so busy and we are looking forward to slowing down and getting into the routine again. Who am I kidding? We don't slow down!

My kids were involved in a theater camp the last week of Summer break. My friend, Angie, had this camp all week at her house. The kids would practice their lines, eat snacks, and make scenery and props for the play. On Friday night we all met in her backyard to watch the play. It's amazing what these little people can do in just a week. Here are a few snapshots of my favorite cast members of this year's backyard production of Peter Pan.
Captain Hook and his faithful sidekick, Smee


Smee and Captain Hook capture Tiger Lily

Nibs the Lost Boy and two other Lost Boys
Captain Hook walks the plank (isn't he the cutest Hook ever?)

The whole cast, except those I cut off
And of course the best day of the year so far. . .first day of school! Woot woot! It was hard finding some pictures to put on the blog because they were all so blurry. Probably from the person behind the camera, doing a jig. . . .


First day of 4th grade
First day of 2nd grade

First day of kindergarten

My babies, growing up! Love them all.

2 comments:

Alison said...

They look so cute in their costumes. Looks like they had a fun time. And now the fun begins for you!

Mary said...

I loved your costumes and the pictures of the play. Your kids stole the show as far as costumes.