Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Breakfast: The Additions and the Insanity

Probably our biggest year yet. We figure we fed about 130-150. After we had to go borrow plates from a neighbor, we lost track of the count. I mixed up several batches of batter, totaling 22 cups of flour. Had to use sour milk for the last batch. We added some new topping to our pancake bar. Uncle John is possibly spinning in his grave, but along with additions of peanut butter and Nutella from years past we had coconut syrup, to which I also added 1 teaspoon coconut extract, and blueberry syrup. I've included links to the syrups for your enjoyment. This is how I stacked mine: pancake, whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries, a drizzle of coconut syrup. I also did one like that with blueberry. Heaven on a pancake.




No comments: