Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Mom

For those of you who don't know this, my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer on June 8th. She has been having all sorts of tests run over the past month. On Monday this week, she was told she is in stage 4. The cancer has spread to her lungs and all they can do is manage it now. Yesterday she flew to Arizona to stay with her sister and to go to the different cancer centers there. She just wanted to get a second opinion and explore all the different treatment options she has before she makes a decision. Today my sister called me and said that when my mom went to one of the places today (of course I don't remember which one) they were really nice to her. There was also a cancellation while she was there so they were able to make an appointment for her on Tuesday to meet with the doctors there. She said now she really has some hope. I will do my best to keep posting on her progress. All I ask of now, is that you try to remember her and my family in your prayers. Thank you all for all your love and support!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Taylor:
We are so sorry to hear about your mom. She will certainly be in our prayers. Keep us posted on her treatment and progress. We love you so much. You are a wonderful addition to our family.