Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Longest Nap on Record

I haven't contacted the Guiness Book of World Records yet, but I'm sure Jared's feat would qualify for something. Last Friday, he came home from school and went directly upstairs to take a nap. Before he started, Kristin made him bring his dirty clothes downstairs so she could do some laundry. Immediately following his chore, Jared's nap commenced (roughly 4:30 PM). About two hours later, both Kristin and I unsuccessfully tried to rouse him so he could join us for dinner. The nap continued. At 8:00 PM, we gave up on him and turned his light off. His nap continued. At 9:00 AM, that's right, AM, I threatened him by saying, "If you don't get up now, you won't get any waffles for breakfast". The nap promptly ended. For anyone counting, you have already calculated the total length of the nap. I didn't think it was physically possible to sleep for sixteen and a half consecutive hours without the aid of medication. Jared proved me wrong.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Wow, Jared. Congratulations on your record-setting accomplishment.

Christi said...

That's pretty impressive.