Saturday, August 21, 2010

Update on my Mom



I just wanted to let everyone know that my mom had her surgery today. She had to be there at 10:00 and they were supposed to start at 11:30. I finally received a call at work at 6:30 that she was out and doing well. I have to say that today was one of the most emotionally draining days of my life. Every time the phone rang I said, "Please be someone in my family, please be someone in my family." Not being there was hard on me but I am very thankful that I was able to spend some time with her yesterday.
I don't know all the facts but they were going in to remove the tumor out of her colon and they were able to do it all laposcopically (or something). There was just the one tumor and they just cut out like 12 or so inches of her colon. She does still have one tiny one in her lungs that they will figure out what to do when she recovers from the surgery.
My sister called me and said that my dad had the race on in her recovery room and right when she came in the first words out of her mouth were, "ooooooohhh the race is on, who's winning?" (big nascar fans) I still haven't spoken to her but I'm sure I will talk with her tomorrow. I want to thank the family for all of your positive thoughts and all of your prayers on her behalf. I will post again when I have more facts. Love you all!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Taylor: Thanks for updating us on your mom. I have been wondering about her since I talked to you on Thursday. I was also grateful for the pictures. She looks great! It was so nice being able to visit with you Thursday. Our little Michael gets cuter and cuter, if that was possible.

Christi said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you got to spend some time with her.

Alison said...

Thanks Taylor. We will continue to keep her in our prayers.