Monday, November 14, 2011

Basketball Kickoff



Last Saturday was the basketball kick-off dinner for Grapevine High. As part of the festivities, we had a father/son basketball game. Jared and I got tip-off duties. As expected, he cleanly tipped the ball to his teammate. Jared set up on the low post. He unexpectedly ran out about five paces, so I followed him. As he received a pass, I felt an immovable force on my back. Jared made his move to the basket and the screen rendered me powerless to counter. I could only watch as Jared threw down a two handed crowd pleasing, head turning power dunk. Later in the game, I countered with my scoop move. The footwork was flawless, the scoop was perfection, the ball somehow bounced harmlessly off the rim for a miss. Yes, my game has seen better days. I somewhat made up for it by making a nice mid-range "jump" shot. The varsity thought they won, but actually the dads did because there weren't any injuries.



3 comments:

woodshopron said...

You didn't try straight arming him and going up with the hook shot like I used to try on you? You always blocked it anyway! Man I'm short! Now you know how I felt!!!!

Alison said...

Wish we could have been there to see the show.

Christi said...

So glad there weren't any injuries. . .