Sunday, November 13, 2011

In Memory of







A friend at work had her mother pass away a few months ago. Her Dad came up with an idea to do a tribute to her and others that have passed on. They approached me about building a bench that they could put outside at their church. I had mom round up some pictures of a bench that I had built several years ago for Coleen Bradshaw and showed them the pictures. They liked the bench and I scrambled to figure out measurements and actually found a rough sketch of the one I did for Coleen. They wanted to have a cross (Not LDS) in the backrest. It is made of redwood and will be very pretty with the clear polyurethane on it. Here is what I came up with. I will take another picture with the finish and with it in place. I decided to donate my labor for this tribute.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Looks beautiful. So glad to see you using your talents.

Marycatherine White said...

That's so pretty! :) Good job!

Mary said...

Wow, Ron, that turned out to be beautiful!!!! Good job.

Christi said...

Beautiful, Ron. Good Job!

talltimber said...

Good Job! I wouldn't expect anything less from my very talented brother.

Tyff said...

That is gorgeous, dad. You did such a good job!