Sunday, June 24, 2012

Finally Four

 Jack has been looking forward to his 4th birthday for a very long time. After Tristan had his birthday in April, Jack started asking me on a daily basis if it was his birthday yet. As his birthday approached I asked him what he wanted for his birthday. He had a very short list ready:
  1. "A clipboard with my name on it, just like Tristan and Kennedy"
  2. "A new bear"
  3. "A new bike"
The clipboard was easy. I knew where to find that. After all, I have bought at least two already.

After thinking it over I decided to invite a few of Jack's friends to come along to Build A Bear with us. I thought I would let them all pick a bear, we would build them, and then that would also count as a party.

These are two of the three friends we invited. Next to Jack is Will. He has a twin brother who is also named Jack. Next to Will is Rebecca. She lives down the street from us. All of these children are older than Jack.
Of all the bears in the store to choose from Jack chose the Camo bear. He's a true Southerner!



 Two of the three things on Jack's checklist were taken care of. The third, the bike, was a little tricky. Jack already has a bike with two wheels. He wants one like Tristan's but he is a little too small for it and he's just starting to ride with no training wheels. We went to a party the week before Jack's birthday and the kids had these plasma cars which my kids really enjoyed. We decided to get this for him instead. He loves it!

 Presents purchased, we were ready to celebrate his  birthday. I asked him what he wanted to do for his family party and he said, "Go to the airport". I told him that was a great idea. Our airport has an observation deck and park so we packed a picnic and headed out for the afternoon. He really enjoyed watching the airplanes take off and land.

Happy birthday, Jack! You are finally four.

2 comments:

Mary said...

It was so much fun watching Jack build his bear and watch the airplanes land for his birthday. Thanks for posting these pictures. I loved them.

Alison said...

Wow. Four. Hard to believe.