Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bunny Blondies from Family Fun Magazine

I got a new software program for organizing my recipes. I'm now in the process of going through my file and trying to decide which ones are worthy of being typed up. I tried this one and decided it belonged in my permanent collection. It's good and I also feel like I'm eating something sort of healthy with all the carrots in it. I made it with whole wheat flour, too. If you don't like butterscotch chips, I'm pretty sure chocolate would work.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
From Family Fun Magazine


8 medium carrots
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped nuts optional



Yield: 24 bars
Preheat oven to 350 degress. Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray. Grate carrots, should have 3 cups. Whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside. Beat butter, eggs, and both sugars until pale and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Mix in carrots and the butterscotch chips. Stir in the flour mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Do not overbake.

No comments: