Sunday, February 1, 2009

Little Trooper





Siennah's surgery went really well. It only lasted about 40 minutes and we had her home within an hour after it was over. She didn't even cry when they took her away but despite my best efforts, I bawled like a baby! It was so hard to let her go with total strangers. When she woke up she was really upset and her voice was so sad because they had put a tube down her throat. It was so sad to see her like that! We got her calmed down after a while and took her home. She slept for almost five hours, got up for two, and slept for twelve more hours. And the next day she ran around playing like nothing happened. So, thank you so much for all your prayers. I know that she was watched over. She is so sweet and so brave. I am so proud of her! I will post some pics of the whole day. Sorry my computer doesn't let me drag and drop. The top one is before the surgery, the middle is right after she woke up, and the bottom is her little incision with a heart bandage.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so glad to hear that things went well. What a relief to have that over with.

Christi said...

What a sweet girl. I bet that was hard for you but I'm glad she is better.