Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Winter Festival




Last weekend we decided to go to the winter festival in McCall. It's a little resort town a lot like Park City. They had an ice sculpture contest and you could walk all over the town and see these amazing sculptures. Some of them were at least 2 to 3 stories high and they all had a lot of detail put into them. It was so cool to see. Siennah loved being hauled around on Jason's back like a little queen. They also had tubing and sledding on the lake but we didn't come prepared for that. It was a lot of fun to get out of town and see something different. And Jason really misses the snow so he was happy that McCall had a few feet on the ground.
Siennah is doing really good, except that she is sick AGAIN. She is going to be starting her swallowing therapy within the next couple weeks. It will be so nice to be able to feed her normal things with out her gagging. She is trying to count to ten. She says about every other number but she says them in the right order every time. She really cracks me up all the time. The other night, I was folding laundry on the couch and she climbed up and got right in my face with a dryer sheet and tried putting up my nose. When I asked "hey what are you doing?" she said, "mommy boogies!". You maybe had to be there to see it but I laughed so hard all night. I'm glad I don't have to worry if I have a "boogie" in public because I'm sure Siennah will tell me.
Love, Tyff

3 comments:

Alison said...

Wow. That looks so cool. Literally.

Mary said...

That looks like so much fun. We went to an Ice Sculpture event in Texas when were there at Christmas time a couple of years ago. It was very interesting but it was all indoors, kept cool by giant refrigerators. I can't imagine an outdoor event. It must have been really cold.

Christi said...

That looks like fun!