Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

I was bustling about the house this morning thinking about it being the end of the year with tomorrow bringing a clean slate like the whiteness of the snow that was glistening out the window. My thoughts ran wild with ideas of what I would be doing in the new year since my job at Patches and Pieces had ended so abruptly. I sat down at the computer and routinely clicked on the family blog to see if there were any reports of Christmas activities. Words in a blog--simple and direct--brought me out of my stupor and changed the direction of my jumbled thoughts. "Well, I don't know if you knew, but I was in a rollover on Monday morning!" I sat bolt upright and read it three times. Without thinking, I scrolled down the page, enjoying the images of two beautiful granddaughters, then stopped. The next image was simply a cute little hand with a marble balanced on a finger trying to get it placed between two small toes. The tears made a trail down my cheeks and splashed on the keyboard. I said a silent prayer, "Thank you, Heavenly Father, for letting Michael keep his mommy". Taylor, you have truly been a bright spot in our family with your contagious enthusiasm and I don't know what we would ever do without you. As a matter of fact, what would I ever do without the whole bunch of you? You are all the joy in my life and nothing else really matters. I can only ask that those guardian angels will continue to watch over each and every one of you throughout the coming year. Happy New Year to all of you. Mom

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Grandma, this post made me cry. I think we are all so grateful that she is okay and that we all have eachother! Happy New Year, love you!

Christi said...

happy new year to you too, mom.