Sunday, September 19, 2010

Movie Night Birthday Party

Here's a glimpse of Megyn's night at the movies birthday party, which was as close to a theater experience as we could make it. The invitations looked (sort of) like movie tickets for a showing of "Megyn Randall and the 12th Birthday Bash in 3D." We also had concessions and a photo booth (Jeff and camera behind a curtain).

Here's the "popcorn"that was also the cake--cupcakes decorated to look the part. And I have to say, they took the prize for the cutest birthday cake I ever made in my many years of parties. The "popcorn" on the top is white and yellow marshmallows.

Here's Megyn and her friend Ashlynn, sporting their 3D glasses while Megyn blows out the candle on her birthday cupcake. After the cake and present opening, the girls descended to Auditorium B (the basement) to watch a movie. Jeff and I wondered why we'd never thought of that before since the girls were well entertained for an hour and a half and we didn't have to listen to the giggles.
All in all it was a successful birthday bash and my last "theme" party ever--unless I can't resist getting involved when the grandchildren have parties. I had as much fun as my children, I think.


3 comments:

Christi said...

You are such a good mom! What a cute idea. I love the cake.

Tyff said...

What a cute idea! Happy birthday to Megyn!

Mary said...

I can't stop looking at that cake. What a clever idea! Happy Birthday, Megyn!