Saturday, May 10, 2008

Beaver keeps changing

As I stand at the quilting maching, sometimes staring out the window, I see activity across the street that leaves me to believe that Beaver will no longer be the same. No 1: Carmen's beautiful little shop has closed it's doors and has now become a vacant building. The gal who bought it from Carmen has decided that she wants to be a stay-at-home mom so she sold her stock to Scott Robinson (Beaver Drug) so if you want to buy flowers, try the pharmacy! On the other hand, the building next door is getting some renovations. The marque boasts the new name, "Main Street Theatre". I see carpenters tearing out rotten boards and plastered walls. Soon we will be able to see a movie there (if they ever show anything worthwhile). The new owner is Scott Fotheringham. Next door to Patches and Pieces, Cub Enterprises has established their copy business. Several doors down from that is the new Beaver County News. (Yes, the Beaver Press has some competition). This paper supplies a free copy of the paper to every resident of Beaver County, plus Cove Fort and Brian Head. For this reason, they have some very good support in the advertising business. The next big venture is the change of ownership at Fish Lake Lumber Co. It now belongs to the Robinson Corporation. Matt will be running the business in their behalf. Lynn Anderson will stay for a couple of years to help him learn the ropes. And, of course, you all know about the new Dollar Store. It's a mini Wall Mart and very well supported. If you can't find what you want, you can always go back to the Beaver Variety. Oh yes, I forgot about Rowland Yardley. You can now find bottled Beaver water on the market. Rowland is the one to profit from this venture. Are we progressing or what? Slowly, I hope!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Wow, will we recognize the town when we go home? Why does Rowland Yardley get to make money on the water?

Lyssa said...

That's totally crazy. I'm behind on reading the blog but I finally got caught up. I hope they play good movies, that'll give us somethin else to do when I come stay :) I think I should be the next to make a big change in Beaver, HeHe!