Wednesday, July 23, 2008


Hi everyone,


When I was talking to Alison the other day about the family get together I told her I was out in the shop working on a project for a fund raiser at work. Our company is a big supporter of a place called "City of Hope". Chris has probably heard of them. They are really big into cancer research and treatment. They also do all kinds of other medical research and treatment. We are doing a raffle to raise money along with a BBQ and other things to raise money. I told her I would post a picture of the shelf. It was an idea I had in my head and I just made up the plans as I went. (kind of like Marilee and cooking)

Sunday night we had a nice thunder storm. We had one of those close ones where the light and the sound had no time in between them. I was standing by the computer when it happened and I noticed the lights on the modem flashing and blinking funny. I hurried and shut it off but I could tell by that all too familiar smell that it was too late. It had experienced the component failure that we in the electronics field refer to as "somebody let the smoke out". We are using the old modem until the new one gets here. Qwest is replacing it free of charge. The technical service rep said that this particular modem is very sensitive to lightning. Ya think? Looking forward to seeing everyone at the family get together. Love, Ron

1 comment:

Alison said...

That is a nice-looking shelf. What other ideas do you have in that head of yours?