Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Have Zero Butterflies!

"I have zero butterflies!" That is what Kennedy said last night as we were trying to "calm her nerves" about her first day of kindergarten. Turns out she didn't need any soothing. In fact, we explained that since it was the first day we would drive her to school and see her to her new classroom. She did not like that information and insisted on riding the bus to and from school. She boarded the bus at 7:18 this morning. We then got into the car and drove to the school to make sure she got there ok and to deliver some school supplies and her nap mat to the teacher. When we got there she was sitting calmly in her seat with no fear or worries apparent. What a brave girl. She really had zero butterflies (they must have all been in my stomach).

3 comments:

Mary said...

I can't believe that little baby we agonized over in the hospital is now in Kindergarten. Where has the time gone? She looks so cute and happy.

BubandTay said...

I have to say I love that statement! I'm glad that everything went well! She sure is growing up fast.

Alison said...

That is a pretty brave girl. What I could learn from her . . .