Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm not an old dog.

Hey, look! I figured out how to color an object in a black and white photo today. Who said an old dog can't learn new tricks? Josh and Alyssa would be so proud of me. Here's a wierd story that you won't believe. Hermana Dutson (Danielle) has a Filippino companion who was sent to the MTC to learn Spanish. Her call is to Arcadia, California. She comes from a very large family in the Philippines and she doesn't get any mail from home. So this Filippino part of me says to write to her. I did and asked her to tell me about herself, where she was from and something about her family. The reply came a couple of days ago, very short, but she used pretty good English considering she speaks very little of the language. She said she was baptized in the Tuguegarao Stake, Ward 2. Now that's the ward we attended while we were on our mission. What are the chances of that? She knows President Donato, the Stake President while we were there and probably myriads of the same people we know. The chances of a Filippino being sent to the States are practically nil, and the chances of her being sent to a companion who is a relative of the Lowe Couple are even less. It's a very small world and I'm thinking there is a lesson in it to be learned. I'm working on figuring it out. Don't you just love reading the letters from our missionaries? It's going to be a glorious two years. Let's have some more posts. I miss hearing from everybody. I can hardly wait to get some pictures of Tyff's new home.


2 comments:

Alison said...

Cute picture, mom. I'm so glad your coloring skills are still intact. And you even stayed in the lines.
Yes, I know. I need to post. I keep thinking, after this thing is done, I'll have time. So far, it hasn't happened yet.

Christi said...

That is cute. I did one of the kids in the pumpkin patch when you were here a few years ago. There is so much you can do.