Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Trip to Beaver


The last weekend of July, Brendon and I went on a camping adventure to Beaver Mountain. We got there on Wednesday, stopped by the cheese factory then headed up to Big John's Flat. Even though there was a lot of people there, we were still able to find a secluded spot away from everyone. Grandma and Grandpa came up on Thursday and we enjoyed, mine and Brendon's favorite, BLT's with cheese and fresh corn on the cob.

This was Grandpa giving us a BIG smile!
On Friday we went for a nice wheeler ride. Michael fell asleep about ten minutes into the two hour ride. We rode all over that mountain, and still left thousands of trails untouched. Right as we were getting back from the ride, Mom and Dad arrived. After a quick meal, we loaded up the fishing gear and headed to Puffer Lake. Michael just loved riding around on Papa's shoulders.



As we were heading up to Puffer Lake, Dad was ahead of us on the main road and was waving us to go ahead of him. When we got closer he yelled "Its a BEAR!" and sure enough there was a black bear on the side of the road enjoying his dinner. I immediately grabbed the camera and hit record. We were able to get some really good still shots from the video. We are planning on sending the video into channel 2 for their Roughin It show on Saturday nights, but we haven't figured out how to send video. (can anyone help me?)


When we visited Three Creeks, we found a row boat just chillin on the bank. So of course we had to try it out. I watched Brendon take it for a spin and was totally content with staying on the edge, but he insisted that I try it out. It was my first time ever being in a row boat and I had a good time.

The rest of the weekend consisted of riding and relaxing. Some of our friends came up and we all fell in love with the mountain. It was kinda funny, because Brendon and I were so worried about the air conditioning in our trailer thinking it was going to be hot and it didn't get above 70 the whole time we were there.
We definitely want to plan a return trip and we want to plan a camping trip with the whole family sometime.





4 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, Taylor, you really did a good job on the narration of your trip to Beaver Mountain and also with the picures. I'm glad you fell in love with Beaver Mountain because that means you're going to come back and we can come and visit you. We love it, too.

woodshopron said...

Great pics. That was awesome seeing the bear. We had a great time on our visit.

Christi said...

I love the Beaver mountains. I miss them so much. Chris and I lived with my parents the first few months we were married and we spent quite a bit of time in the mountains. I have never seen a live bear up there but we saw markings one time on one of our campouts and wondered if it was a bear's. Lots of ATV trails up there, huh? Glad you had a good time. Oh, by the way, if you can download a clip onto youtube you could send it that way.

Alison said...

Wow! Those bear photos are pretty amazing. I love that mountain, too. I've been neglectful about sharing that love with my family, though. We've only been camping up there once and it was a minor disaster so we never tried it again. I would be fun, though, to camp with everyone.