Thursday, October 23, 2008

Deer Hunt


The 2008 season started on October 18th. Brendon left to Manti on Thursday after work to get setteled in and ready for the hunt. Friday morning he was up and at 'em to go check out some potential spots. The next morning was opening day. By the afternoon I had already recieved a text saying "I got one," shortly followed by another text of "Nevermind." I made sure he was going to all the hot spots to make sure he got one. Then on Sunday morning around 10:30 I recieved yet another text of "I got one." This was shortly followed by this picture.


The weekend was a success and all involved were just tickeled with Brendon's success. He was then very eager to get home to his family that sadly had to stay behind. (work....blah) The hunt continues through this weekend and even though he already got one... we are still going up to the property for one last camping trip.


In other news, Michael is doing great! He is growing out of his clothes so fast. At his 4 month check-up he weighed 18 1/2 pounds and was 27 inches long, way off the charts. Today I bought him so new sleepers, size 12 months and they fit great! Our little man has started eating cereal, and I just can't believe how fast he is growing!


We hope all is well with everyone, and lets get some more posts up!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Congrats to the mighty hunter!

Tyff said...

That's awesome that Bub "got one" on his first time! That pic of Michael is so adorable! I can't wait to come see him!

Lyssa said...

Yay good job Bub! I hope he has some deer jerky waiting when me and Tyff get there! I can't believe how big Michael is, he's so dang cute

Mary said...

Wow, Brendon, that's great that you got a deer. The picture of Michael was adorable. He's getting so big!