Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Week at the Beach


We just spent a wonderful week at the Emerald Isle, NC beach. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was raining when we got there but the next afternoon everything cleared up and we had temperatures in the 80s until it was almost time to come home.



Our beach house was beautiful. Decorated in bright colors and fun decorations. We ate some good seafood at a nice restaurant and visited some local sites. Chris and Dad went deep sea fishing and Dad was able to curb his usual sea sickness by taking some Dramamine. Mostly we just relaxed and read books, played in the water (yes, the water was warm enough to swim in), and played games.



We visited the aquarium and the maritime museum in Beaufort (the third oldest city in NC). There was a special exhibit on pirates. Blackbeard and other pirates used to sail along the NC coast. There were some interesting facts on pirates, like compensation amounts for loss of limb or eye. They really did call their money "pieces of eight".


My favorite quote from Kennedy was when I got back from having my nails done. She was so excited to see my nails painted and she said, "Ohhh Mommy! You look fresh out of the box!"



Anyway, we enjoyed ourselves and my kids were wonderful. It was such a relaxing vacation. Anyone interested in coming with us next year?

4 comments:

BubandTay said...

oh those are some cute pictures! Brendon and I have actually been talking about taking a trip to see you guys, so heck yeah we want to go! Sounds like a blast!

Alison said...

Sounds like so much fun. One of these years we'll join you.

Tyff said...

Yes please! That sounds like such a fun and beautiful trip. Love the pics!

Lyssa said...

That picture of grandpa and Kennedy is precious, I think it should be framed. It's somethin you'd see in a catalog! Sounds like it was a blast. I hope I can go sometime! I'm glad it turned out great!