Friday, March 20, 2009

A limerick

It's me again. The newspaper had a limerick contest for St. Patrick's day. They invited people to write limericks on "green stuff," as in money, and send them in. They picked some winners and printed a bunch of others in the paper. I read them, then, for some reason, my subconcious caught hold of the idea and I woke up the next morning with the beginnings of a limerick in my head. Since it's too late to send it to the paper, here it is.

There once was a banker named Joe.
He'd never seen numbers so low.
When hands were put out
Joe joined in the shout,
"I want a piece of that dough!"

What do you think? Would it have won a prize? Maybe we should have a family limerick contest. Would that get people posting on the blog?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yes, I thought it was a winner. Good job! I read the ones in the paper and they weren't as good as yours.