Monday, November 2, 2009

Aloha my Ohana

Aloha! Jeff and I made it back, safe and sound from our cruise through the Hawaiian islands. We had a great time on the islands. The cruise was good, too. When the ship wasn't moving. Let's just say I inherited my dad's propensity for motion sickness. Maybe not quite as bad as him. I never tossed anything. But I sure was queasy a few times. In spite of that, we enjoyed the week, and are already wondering how and when we can get back to Hawaii. Here are just a few snapshots of our trip.

This is a picture of Jeff in front of Waimea canyon, the "Grand Canyon of Hawai'i" on the island of Kauai. At least, they told us it was there. Somewhere. We never did see it. All we got was white cloud.


Here's a picture of our cruise ship, taken from an outrigger canoe that I was riding on. We were in the bay off the coast of Kona on the Big Island.


Here we are on the Big Island with the smoking crater of the volcano Kilauea behind us. The volcano was fascinating, otherworldly, you might say. Definitely a place we'd like to go back to and spend more time.


This was one of the highlights of our trip. We were lucky enough to see some sea turtles playing and surfing in the waves near a beach in Kauai. Look for a turtle in the wave about 10 seconds in.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love this video. Sure glad you were able to post it on the blog.