Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Day After Thanksgiving

Since we all seem to be waiting for Mom and Taylor to post pictures of Thanksgiving in Beaver, I'll write about what we did the day after Thanksgiving.
No, better yet, here's a picture. This little nativity scene was hand crafted at Grandma Mary's kitchen table using dough made from bread crumbs and glue. Many hands helped with the sculpting, which took up several hours on Friday. The painting was done after we returned home.
Besides sculpting, we finished a record two 750-piece puzzles in three days. We also played games, watched movies and ate leftover pie. A nice, relaxing holiday.

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

That is so cute, I can't believe you made it out of bread crumbs and glue, no one would ever guess!

Mary said...

Wow! That nativity set turned out sooooo cute. After all the heads that lopped off, I thought you would have given up. I'm still waiting until somebody shows me how to post the pictures. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to figure it out.

Unknown said...

Cute. We'll have to try it.
Sounds like fun. I haven't done a puzzle in a long time.