Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day Before Thanksgiving

Well I'm leaving it up to Tay and Grandma to post the Thanksgiving that took place in Beaver. I would, but I don't have any of the pictures that were taken, they do. It was a great Thanksgiving though. I loved having the BYU students there with us, and also watching the Cowboys dominate! Me and Derek decided that we're good luck when we watch the game, they score. :) Anyway so what I'm gonna post is from the 2 days before Thanksgiving. 3 of my friends and I, made a quick road trip up to Provo for one night. The missionaries that taught Mary went home on Thanksgiving day, and the day before they had their last testimony meeting and invited us to attend it. We stayed in Murray and my friend Aubrie's relatives house, the best part of it was, their house was huge, AND her cousin is friends with David Archuleta. Me and Mary thought ourselves pretty cool to sit in chairs and be in a house that David Archuleta was in. Hehe. Anyway so before the meeting we met up with more of my friends in Murray for lunch and then headed to Temple Square to spend some time at the visitors center and walk around the temple.
It was a beautiful day at Temple Square, we must have spent almost 3 hours there. Then the time came for us to get pretty in our Sunday clothes and drive to Provo. The testimony meeting was amazing. By the end, Mary and I were both bawling. It's crazy how much the missionaries not only changed Mary's life, but mine. It was hard to say goodbye. The sister missionary's name is Sister Beck. Mary and I met her at the visitors center in St.George. She quickly became such an inspiration and good friend to both of us. It was lucky that there were 3 missionaries that taught us, all at the same meeting. This is Elder Carver, Mary is determined to marry him :) Which I do not blame her, he was a great missionary and person in general. We all grew to love him and cried when he was transferred. And there we are taking our pit stop at the Beaver Chevron! Oh and I can't forget our friend Aubrie, our designated driver. She has become one of my best friends. We had a great, and very spiritual time!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Who's David Archuletta?

Lyssa said...

Christi you don't know who David Archuleta is? Only the 17 year old with the best voice ever! He was on American Idol and took second place. He's from Murray Utah. Me and my friends are all obsessed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yff9nCctMkg
There's a link to one of his videos

Alison said...

Fun pictures, Lyss. It was good to see you in person at Thanksgiving. We never finished our game, did we?

Mary said...

Where were you when I needed you. I can't get my pictures posted and I have failed the Thanksgiving challenge. Yours are awesome, though.

Mary said...

Where were you when I needed you. I can't get my pictures posted and I have failed the Thanksgiving challenge. Yours are awesome, though.

Lyssa said...

Grandma, we will get those pictures posted, I promise. Even if it's after Christmas. But hopefully I will be there before then :)