Sunday, November 30, 2008

North Carolina Thanksgiving

I spent most of Thanksgiving morning preparing my contributions to the feast--rolls and pumpkin gingersnap cheesecake. We had a nice meal (I forgot to take my camera) with our usual friends. We all bring part of the meal and end up with quite the smorgasbord. Who says Thanksgiving is all about the turkey? I say it's about the side dishes.
Chris invited a friend to the dinner. Paiman is one of the residents in the radiation oncology department. On Friday the two of them went fishing. They had a good time but Chris came home with a hurt back and a head cold.

We planned to get our Christmas tree on Saturday but Kennedy and Chris were both sick so we decided to wait until next weekend. Hopefully we will all be well by then. . . .

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

Wow sounds like quite the Thanksgiving! I want some of that cheesecake

Alison said...

I agree with you about the side dishes. Our sweet potatoes were pretty darn good, as was the dressing and Marilee's jello, and the rolls of course, and . . .