Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ever seen a knitted monk?


Here's one. I've been fascinated with monks ever since my mission. I guess it was all those cloisters I visited on P-days. So when I saw a pattern book for knitted gardens, one with monks, I had to try it out. My finished version is smaller than what was in the book, but if you look closely you'll see a vegetable patch, and an herb garden with poppy and fennel and others. There's also a row of lavender. The monk's name is Cadfael, after my favorite literary detective. I started this project a couple of years ago, got sidetracked, worked on it some more, got sidetracked, and finally got it out after Christmas to finish. Since Christi was doing show and tell, I thought I would too.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Alison: That turned out so cute. I thought you might have given up on that project. Glad to see you got it done. I can't wait to see it in real life.

BubandTay said...

that looks like a very involved project. the end result is way cute and fun. i'm glad that it has some inside meaning for you!