Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Long Faces

Last night, I came home to a long face. I could tell something was wrong just by the look in Kristin's eyes. What is it, I asked. Jared has been moved up to varsity, was the reply. Not good. Jared has been having so much fun playing on JV. He likes his coach, his teammates, the games. Why spoil all the fun. Soon after Kristin broke the news, Jared came bounding down the stairs. Trying to act excited, I said, "hey, you made varsity". Another long face. Hmm, this is more serious than I thought. We'll just have to make the best out of this, somehow. I decided to chronicle Jared's first varsity game. See pictures and captions.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I can't believe he's on Varsity. Yes I can! If I was the coach, I would grab him too! Good pictures, Steve. I'm proud of you.

Alison said...

Hopefully it'll turn out okay.