Monday, January 11, 2010

January Blahh's





I don't know why but I hate January! It seems like the holidays are so crazy busy and then January comes like a screeching halt. We had a really good Christmas down in St. George with Jason's family. We had an almost disaster on Christmas Eve though. Jason's family has the tradition of opening all their presents on Christmas Eve and when it was Siennah's turn, she opened a shiny pink tricycle from her grandma and grandpa Snyder. Little did my in-laws know that Santa was planning on delivering the EXACT SAME TRICYCLE to Siennah that night! We had to do some last minute shopping/scrambling but it ended up working out ok. Christmas morning we got to drive over to Cedar and open presents with everyone there. Besides being heart broken that Bretten wasn't there, we had a lot of fun. Of course, it all went by too fast and now its back to every day life.
Siennah has hit the terrible two's. She's very territorial and bossy. It's driving me crazy! If she sees another kid just looking at her she yells, "Hey! That's Siennah's!". It's really embarrassing! And I keep hearing that this is just a warm up for the three's. Great! It's not all bad though. Siennah is constantly making me laugh. The other day she was running around the family room and Jason was watching her and said, "look at you running in circles!" and Siennah responded, "No daddy, I'm running in ovals!"!! Haha she told you! She amazes me every day!
I hope everyone is enjoying the new year so far! Here are some pics from Christmas.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Ovals--that's hilarious. It's a good thing they're so cute sometimes, isn't it.

Mary said...

It was good to hear about your Christmas and see the great pictures. I missed not seeing you on your way back to Idaho. When are you coming back this way?

BubandTay said...

omg i know just how you feel about january! except with working, mine goes by a little faster. oh i just loved the pics. i have all that video from the morning, i'll have to look thru it to see if we can get any shots of the kids.

Lyssa said...

Tyff I'm so glad you had to post the picture of me wiping my nose or whatever I was doing haha! I'm surprised she didn't say trapezoids!