Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter Salad

I don't have any fun pictures to post, although we did have a fun holiday season. The highlight, of course, was talking to Josh for a couple of hours on Christmas day. We enjoyed having Mom and Dad here to play games and do puzzles with us.
This salad was a hit at our Christmas Eve dinner. I also took it to a ward lunch group yesterday and the ladies loved it.

Winter Salad
1 head romaine, cut up
1 cup swiss or jack cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup craisins
1 apple, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 pear, cut into bite-sized pieces

Dressing
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp mustard (I used Dijon)
2/3 cup vegetable oil

2 comments:

Christi said...

Yum!thanks. I almost have all the ingredients. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

Mary said...

We had this salad for Sunday dinner and it was really yummy. I liked the lemon juice in the dressing and the subtle taste of the pear. My pear was not quite ripe which made it crisp like the apple. We ate every bit of it.