Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The annual basket case

Last year I wrote a post on my blog about turning into a basketball basket case whenever I watched Josh play. Well, here we are again. This is tournament week for the rec league, and his team plays for the championship on Thursday evening. At stake, bragging rights among the junior and senior boys of Lehi High. Not much else. So why does it make me so nervous? I sit there and rub my hands together and yell, loudly. You know me. I'm not a loud person, normally, but that was my voice last night echoing through the gym. How embarrassing. After one play, I called out, "Beautiful!" Megyn turned to me. "Mom, did you just say beautiful?" "I did," I confirmed. And she went off into a fit of giggles. Then she had to tell Tamsyn.
Well, hopefully they'll win their first game Thursday, and the embarrassement will end. It's double elimination so if they lose they'll have to play right after. I'm sure Josh will do his best so he won't have to put up with his mother any more than he has to.

No comments: