Sunday, March 30, 2008

March Recipe

Creamy Chicken
4 chicken breasts
4 slices ham
4 slices provolone cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup light sour cream
Place chicken breasts in a pan and cover each with one slice ham and one slice provolone. Combine the soup and sour cream. Spoon over top of chicken. Cover, bake at 350 for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, depending on thickness of chicken breasts. Good served with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.
Optional: the original recipe calls for canned mushrooms. Spoon some over each chicken breast before topping with ham. Sounds good to me but my kids literally gag over mushrooms. It also called for putting the ham and cheese on after the chicken was baked. I found the flavor of the chicken to be enhanced when baked with the ham on it, but the cheese can go either way.

2 comments:

Mary said...

That sounds yummy. I'm going to try it.

Christi said...

Sounds really good. I'll have to try it. I like easy meals.