Friday, March 7, 2008

Perpetual Bridesmaids, and Procrastination

I think I jinxed Josh. Not only did they not win their first game, they also lost their second. What a heartbreaker. For the past few years his team has reached the championship only to lose and end up number two, the perpetual bridesmaids. We can't even say better luck next time, because there will be no next time. Unless, yes, there's always intramurals at BYU. Maybe, just maybe . . .
Jeff learned a lesson on proctrastination today. In mid-January he jammed his finger--or so he thought. It was fat and purple. Go get it x-rayed, I said. But no. It'll get better, he said. Fast forward to six weeks later. The finger still fat, unable to straighten, he finally made it to the doctor to have an x-ray. The diagnosis was a chip in the joint. He has to wear a splint and slowly straighten it out. If all goes well, he can avoid surgery. This would have been a lot easier if you'd come in earlier, said the doctor. Lesson learned? We'll see.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I laugh about your experiences watching Josh play because I went through the same thing with Steve. My biggest embarassment was having to get up in the middle of the game to go to the bathroom. And I yelled loud, too. Oh well, what's a mother for?