Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Self Promotion--Yuck!

Hello family,
I honestly didn't have this in mind when I gave you a copy of my book, but I wonder if you could do a huge favor for me. I've got to try to get some promotion going on my book (not something I'm looking forward to) and I'm wondering if you could help me out. Would you mind going on Amazon.com and other bookseller websites (like Barnes and Noble and Borders) and post a review? Also if you're on Goodreads could you mention it (thanks Christi)? Oooh, I hate to ask stuff like that. This is not going to be fun. However, I do want there to be enough sales that Peachtree is glad they took a chance on my book. It would probably be good if you don't mention that you're related to me.
A million thanks!

4 comments:

BubandTay said...

Hey don't feel bad for asking... that's what family is for. I posted reviews on Barnes and Noble and on Borders, but I couldn't on Amazon because you have to have purchased from them. Hope all works out!!

Christi said...

Be glad to. Two of my friends added it on their Goodreads "to read" shelf. One of them is a librarian and she ordered a copy of it for the library so I am already helping you promote your book. Yeah!

woodshopron said...

I have an idea, send a signed copy to Oprah.

Tyff said...

Thank you so much for sending us the book! I absolutely love it and can't wait to read it to Siennah.