Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Farm

Well I told Tyff that if she were able to make it work to spend the week in Beaver, I would stay too and help with Michael and Siennah. Then the most RANDOM thing in the world had to happen to me to make me sick. I got bit on the eyelid by a mosquito on Sunday night and woke up the next morning with my eye swollen shut and very sick. Today was pretty rough as well but I think by tomorrow I'll be okay to go to Beaver and play. Anyway while I'm sick and bored I decided I'd post some pics that I have taken while I've been living a wonderful life on the farm. Most of you, except the Steve Lowe family, and Chris have met my boyfriend Lee. We've been together for bout 7 months now and I'm happier than I've been in a long time. I've learned a lot like; how to drive a tractor, how many cows vs. calves fit on the cattle truck, how to pull a lamb when the mama can't push it, how HEAVY a bail of hay is and how much to feed to a bunch of bulls vs. a bunch of heifers, how to turn on and off a windmill, the difference between lupine and blue bell flowers, the list goes on. And I absolutely love it..This wasn't taken on or near the farm, it was actually pretty much in the middle of nowhere. We went out looking for arrowheads and I was ecstatic to catch this picture of these two doves watching the sunset together. I love the different silhouettes in the hazy yellow colors.This was a few minutes from the place where I took the picture of the doves. The guy who owns the auction in Cedar owns this windmill and property.






This is the view from Lee's backyard... it's surrounded by hay fields on each side. I don't think I've found very many places as peaceful and beautiful as this.


The sunsets out there are amazing. There's nothing in the way except for trees or windmills which only make the picture even better.


Lee got a new camera for his birthday that has a panorama setting on it. I'm sad the pictures uploaded so small but it's really cool to be able to capture so much more.
This pretty mama cow has a red and white spotted calf that we named Lyssy Loo :) They are going to look amazing this year after spending the summer on the mountain. Lee's grandpa says that it is more green than he's ever seen in his whole life. We had a good wet spring for sure!


Okay this will be my last one. This was on our way home from hauling cows bout a week and a half ago. I have also never seen the mountain so green and so beautiful. These fields of wild flowers covered rolling hills for miles. I wanted so badly to just run through them and then collapse into the middle of it all like you see on an old movie.... Anyway I also wanted to say Welcome Home to Elder Randall and Elder Lowe!! I'm sad we won't be there for Derek's homecoming but was grateful to be able to go to Josh's, he did a wonderful job. Love you both! Can't wait for the 24th festivities and Florida next month!




































1 comment:

Alison said...

Some amazing pics there, Lyss. Thanks for sharing. It was good to see you on Sunday. Thanks for bringing Lee. It was fun to meet him.