Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Brown Sugar

During one of our conversations with Sona, the topic of brown sugar came up.  Brown sugar is as easy to buy here in the states as is white sugar.  Armenia...?  Not so much.  After we assembled a Christmas package for Sona, we had some extra room in the box.  Since it was a flat rate box, we wanted to use every square inch.  As we were discussing what we should do, Mandy blurted, "let's put in a package of brown sugar".  We took Mandy's advice and a package of brown sugar was soon on it's way to Armenia.  The package safely arrived several weeks ago.  Sona made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and was pleased with the result.  Of course, Sona didn't use all the package for one batch of cookies and is looking for ways to use the remaining commodity. Now for my question...if brown sugar became a rare commodity and you somehow acquired one package, what would you make?  Please share your favorite recipe's that include brown sugar on the blog for Sona to view.  She regularly checks the blog for new entries (like we all do). 

2 comments:

Alison said...

No brown sugar existed in France when I was there, either. Things might have changed since then . . . lots of things have changed. Can you believe we saw doughnuts and brownies in some of the patisseries? I was aghast. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, chocolate chip cookies would be my favorite use of brown sugar, too. I'll have to think about another one.

Christi said...

Oh, so many choices! I think brown sugar is one of my favorite things in the world. I eat it on my Wheaties for starters.