Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Chicken Post

We brought our chicks home Saturday. They sure are fun to watch. Some of them have very distinct personalities already. This one here is very curious. Every time we open the door she comes right to the edge and peeks outside. She is always watching and observing in the coop while the others keep to themselves and peck and scratch.

We have the coop lined with newspaper. As the kids and I watched one of the chicks tore off a piece of newspaper. She started running and all the others chased her around the coop trying to get it from her. We laughed and laughed as they ran circles around the coop until she dropped the paper. It was almost like watching a football game or something.

3 comments:

Mary said...

They are so cute. I wish I could hold one because it brings back memories of my childhood when I used to hold baby chicks of my own.

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

Alison said...

So fun! I wish I had chickens