Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Casserole

Christi asked me for this recipe a while back but I had to make it first so I could write it down. I made it last Sunday and the Lowe brothers enjoyed it too. It's sort of a cross between the Chicken Enchiladas we all enjoy and El Dorado Casserole.

Chicken Tortilla Casserole
3 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
2 cans cream of chicken soup (or homemade equivalent)
1 can green chilies, pureed
1 cup sour cream
1-1/2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or colby jack
Approx. 10 oz tortilla chips

Preheat oven to 350. In a saucepan, combine soups, green chilies and sour cream. Heat through. Add chicken chunks. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray and place 1/2 the chips in the bottom. Crush lightly with hand and pour half of chicken mixture over chips. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.



1 comment:

Christi said...

Thanks! I can't wait to make it.