Saturday, December 1, 2012

Productive Day

Today was a productive day.  I got up, exercised, ate breakfast, printed copies of The Lowe(n) Star, washed and waxed my car, fixed dinner on The Big Green Egg, raked the leaves and I'm currently taking a little break before I start constructing the base for our 2012 candy house.  Meanwhile, what has Kristin and Rachel been up to all day.  See following picture.

A little about the cake.  Yes, this box of chocolates is actually a cake.  The base is chocolate cake shaped like a heart.  Red fondant covers the cake to make the cake look like a box.  The "chocolates" are cake balls dipped in chocolate and decorated to look like chocolates.  Krisin and Rachel had a great time bonding.  Who had the more productive day?  I'll have to concede.  Kristin hands down. 

7 comments:

Alison said...

Gorgeous. So are they practicing to be able to make a wedding cake?

BubandTay said...

That is a very productive day, however I think we might have ya beat... Brendon and I started early this morning picking up an enclosed trailer, heading to cedar then unloading our 12x30 foot storage unit into the trailer. Then filled another trailer with more of our belongings and headed back down to St George, unloaded one of them then cleaned our new place till about 1130 tonight. Dad helped us out too so I think we might have ya all beat. Awesome cake tho!

talltimber said...

I'll have to concede again. Brendon, Taylor and Ron had a more productive day. But I win because we finally got to hear from Taylor! A very productive post!

Mary said...

That is an awesome cake. It makes my mouth water just to look at it. I would settle for just ONE of the chocolates but Steve says you gave it away. Boo-hoo!

Christi said...

I bet that was fun to eat!

talltimber said...

Mandy keeps reminding me I need to answer Alison's question. Here goes. NO! Kristin and Rachel are not practicing to make a wedding cake. Some things are better left to the professionals.

Alison said...

Professionals are overrated. There's a guy in our ward who is an artist with fondant and he just does it for fun. What will Derek remember more--the professional cake or the one his mom and sister made. (Just call me the devil on the shoulder.)