Thursday, March 25, 2010

Latest with the Lowes



I was just looking at the blog and realized I haven't posted anything in a long time. Since today is my day off, I figured it would be a good opportunity to let everyone know how we are doing. Spring fever is very contagious and alas, we have caught it. A few weeks ago we did take a little camping trip, however the weather was not very cooperative. A good time was still had by all. We went to Baker Dam, its southwest of Cedar, and we got some shooting in and also a little fishing. After shooting, I came to the conclusion that I really want my own hand gun to practice with. I'm actually not a too bad of a shot. Here are a few pictures from that weekend.






In other news..... My Mom is still fighting her cancer. She has already completed 12 chemo treatments and after the 12th they ran scans and decided that another 6 treatments was their next move. She is still working about 15 to 20 hours a week. I guess it is good for her to have something to get her out of bed and keep her going. She has lost most of her hair and has been wearing different types of hats to cover it. She got one that looks like a skunk and it has little ears on it from Hot Topic. Yeah, that's my mom. But with everything that she is dealing with, she is the strongest woman that I know. I will keep everyone posted on her status during these next treatments which she starts next week.
Michael is getting so big and his personality is hilarious. Whenever he is doing something he knows he shouldn't be doing and we say, "Michael" (with the warning eyes) he just gives us the biggest grin as if to say, "what? I wasn't doing anything wrong, I'm a perfect angel!" He is getting better with talking and he knows a little sing language. I can't believe he will be two in a few months.
We hope that everything is going well with everyone! Love you all!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks for the post. Oh yes, I see what you mean about the grin. He's going to charm himself out of lots of scoldings, I predict.

talltimber said...

That is a "million dollar smile" if I have ever seen one. Hopefully, he'll be able to cash in on it someday.

Mary said...

Good pictures, Brendon and Taylor! I love Michael's grin. He just melts your heart! We appreciate the update on your mother. We are still praying for her recovery.

Tyff said...

Oh I just wanna reach into the computer, grab Michael out, and kiss his little cheeks! I miss you guys! That's awesome your mom has such a good attitude. We are praying for her.