Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Room With A View For You

Three years ago when we were looking for a new home to buy I had a list of things I really wanted in my next home. I found some that had all of them but I fell in love with the house we bought because I knew it was a good house. It was missing one item from my list, a bonus room. However, it did have a storage room that spanned almost the width of the house that could be finished off to make a bonus room. The only problem was that the entrance was through a door in one of the bedroom closets. See below:

That was kind of an awkward entrance, especially if we were to use the room as a guest room. So a few months ago we contacted someone who could come make some improvements to this room. It's all finished now and this is what we did.


A door has been added so there is another entrance through the bathroom. This will allow us to use the room as a guest room since the guest(s) won't have to go through Tristan's room. It will also give our guests a private entrance to the bathroom. The door also lets in needed light to the bathroom that has no windows, only a skylight.
We had space on both ends of the room to make into a storage area and a closet. The storage area has a small door (behind the trunk). This side of the room will also be used for my sewing area until we move Jack out of his room and into Tristan's room.

The Closet has double doors so we can store our extra bed when it is not in use. We also added a window to brighten up the room and make it look bigger. That made so much difference. If you have ever been to our house and seen the old storage area, you will be surprised next time you come to visit.
We are very pleased with the outcome of this improvement. Now that we have a room for you will you come visit?

3 comments:

woodshopron said...

Well done. I for one am ready to come back to check it out. I do believe I am the only sibling with a "before" image in my head.

Alison said...

Looks great. Guest rooms are wonderful. I hope you use yours as much as we've used ours. We'd love to come visit someday. Don't know when, though. Speaking of visiting, do you have plans yet for summer?

Tyff said...

Wow that looks awesome! I wanna come stay!