Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Goodbye Cable

The most dreadful of all dreadful things happened at our house. The TV stopped working, almost like somebody had stabbed it. No biggy for me, but for your dad it was the end of the world. He spent an emergency evening at Ann's watching the Jazz, then stewed about it all night. The next morning he called the cable company and they declared it wasn't their fault and furthermore, they didn't make house calls. The City Office could offer no solution either. The next day he called the only alternative, LeeR. Good old LeeR made a house call and figured out that a big hunk of melting snow and icecycles had slid from the roof and severed the connection. Guess what? Today we have a dish up on the roof and our reception is better than it has ever been and your dad is purring like a big old pussycat and the Cable Company is minus one customer. And, more important, we now have a remote that works. Whoopee!

I wonder how Brendon and Taylor are making out on their belated honeymoon. It's Taylor's birthday tomorrow. Guess I'll call and find out. Jared has a BD on Valentine's. Happy Birthday, Jared. Care is hoping her little girl will find her way here on Valentines day.

I am so excited that Christi has started this blog but I would never have known had I not checked my Junk mail. Why would they consider this Junk? I love all 26 of you. MOM (I hope I can figure out how to post this thing. I'm not too smart on these computer things.

No comments: