Friday, September 12, 2008

Four Ten's and some mountain theropy







Last week I started a new shift. Still on day shift but I am working ten hour days, four days a week with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. Today I took advantage of my extra day. I started by taking in some hot air ballon action at the city's Sky fest. An anual event that features hot air ballons, radio controlled airplanes and kite flying. It reminded me of when we used to get up early and take our young kids to the ballon fest in Provo around the fourth of July. I will have to go back tomorrow to catch the RC planes. After that I headed up the canyon to gather some fire wood. I say gather but it is much more difficult than that. Usually we can find piled up trees that the logging company rejected and pull up and start cutting away. They have closed the area that the loggers are in because some idiot was cutting up their log decks. So I have to drive around and look for dead trees to cut down and haul them up to the road. It is pretty hard work. It is that time of year to get it done before the snow flies. I will be selling just a little bit of firewood this year which is just fine with me. I think I am getting too old for this crap!!!!!!! Here are some pictures from my day. Love, Ron

3 comments:

Alison said...

That mountain therapy sounds pretty nice, actually. The air balloons were beautiful, too. We haven't yet managed to make it down to the hot air balloon fest in Provo, just caught the tail end of it a couple of times. Enjoy your new work schedule!

Tyff said...

I remember doing the hot air balloon festival. That was so much fun.

Mary said...

I remember the hot air balloons, too. Still have the slides to prove it. So does that mean you get to come and see yer old ma on your day off? I don't work on Friday, either.