Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mary and Lyssa's Labor Day Weekend



Dad gave ME the assignment of posting Labor Day weekend on the blog because they are old farts and just sat at home all weekend. ;) Mary and I went to the Iron County Fair and Rodeo on Saturday night and also Monday night. This crazy goofy picture was taken on Mary's phone at the rodeo. It was the best we could do for pics taken during the weekend. We had a really good time, my friend Jessica is the first attendant rodeo princess, she raced barrels on Monday night and took second place. We also enjoyed the bull riders getting bucked off and trampelled on! It's pretty intense. At the carnival we were stoked to get on the rides because it is the funnest thing that exists around here once in a while. After a few minutes on our first ride, the power went out. The carnival got dark and our ride slowly spinned us around and up and down, we were a little scared! But it came back on and we kept riding. The next ride we went on was called the "Inverter." It goes completely upside down and hangs ya there for a second, and then turns while Mary screams to make it stop! But before the ride started, a boy got on and I noticed he was by himself. My first instinct was to ask him why he was alone. He just got red cheeks and kept walking. The next thing I know, the carnival worker running the ride is telling me that this boy wants me to go sit by him. He was a messenger back and forth for a few minutes until he got frustrated and made me get up and go sit by him. This man was so hilarious! I think me and Mary will be quoting him for months! She asked him if her shoes were going to fall off, his response was a quick YEEEUP! You oughta hear the way he said it, priceless. We got a kick out of him. So I sat by this boy for the ride and got to know him a little. His name is Chuck, he's from Tropic, and he is a bull rider. He works as a trail ride instructor, so he gets to ride horses all day, lucky him! He was a really sweet kid. We swapped numbers and continued to text for the next couple days. We hung out with him on Monday at the rodeo and fair again. We all had a blast wasting money on tickets and cotton candy and when we were an inch from throwing up we decided it was time to head home! Chuck and I are good friends now, he came over to Cedar today for a few things and we hung out, I think it'll be a funny story when people ask how we met! It turns out that he, like Mary, is a convert. He was just baptized in March. It was quite exciting news to Mary because "converts rock!" Anyway that was our weekend. We always have fun with our crazy friends. I really enjoyed reading everyone else's posts! The "Ron Lowe" family misses everyone!
-Mary and Lyss

3 comments:

Christi said...

Thanks for posting. You are a good friend to others. I enjoyed reading about your weekend. I went to the Iron County Fair once and threw up. I was with a friend and her family and it was miserable. They made me ride home in the back of their pick-up truck. . .on the freeway!

Alison said...

You're so funny, Lyss. Thanks for all the great details. Almost felt like I was there.

Mary said...

Lyssie Lou--you're quite the boy picker-upper. What are you going to do if they all meet at once? But that's okay. It's good to have a whole bunch.