Friday, September 19, 2008

One small step for . . . Dorm kind . . .

Tonight, Derek and I made our first attempt at a home made meal. We went out and got ingredients for poppy-seed chicken, a favorite meal of both of ours, came back, and after a call or two to my mother, got going on the production of said meal. Despite some slightly burned rice, it was a success. The dorm all loved it, and we all were thoroughly stuffed. Perhaps this is an omen of things to come . . . Then again, it might just be a rare occurrence. Only time will tell.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! I'm really impressed with my GREAT grandkids. I knew you could do it.

Alison said...

Keep going. Only one more dish to go and you will have equaled your dad's repertoire of meals.

Christi said...

You are supposed to let the girls cook for you. . . that reminds me, Chris has a cousin your age that also just started at BYU. Are either one of you up for a blind date? She is really cute and fun. . .

Josh said...

either of us would indeed be up to the challenge.