Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Old Farts

I will concede the fact that I am an "old fart", (notice I didn't say we). I was sick on Saturday and Sunday and yes, I did lay around the house. On Monday Marilee had to work and I worked on some of my side jobs out in the woodshop and a stereo surround system install job at someones home. So while the girls were out having a great time we were bringing home the bacon.

On a more somber note. I don't know how many of you heard about the tragedy that struck our community ten days ago. A medical team that flies out of Cedar to service rural communities crashed while leaving Moab killing all ten on board. I have been in that twin engine King Air and have flown with the pilot that died. We knew quite a few of the staff and some of our family had been treated by this dermatology clinic. Alyssa had been to Dr Ellsworths cabin with their son who had just left for his mission. We took the wedding pictures of Marci Tillery when she got married 7 years ago. This tragedy shook the entire town and you would be hard pressed to find anyone in town that wasn't connected to someone in the crash. It makes you realize how precious life is and how things can change in an instant. Dr Ellsworth had a son on board who's wife is 8 months along. Dave Goddard had his daughter with him who works at the clinic. We went to Marci's funeral and it was very sad to see the two little boys 6 and 3 that are without their mom. Sorry for the sad commentary. Enjoy every day, be a good friend, serve your fellow man, I love each and every one of you, Ron

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

I'm glad you posted that. The crash was a major tragedy. I am still in shock and constantly think of those families, especially the Ellsworths. I promise you're not THAT old dad. But at least you bring home the bacon, we'd be broke without your meat! Love you too :)

Alison said...

Yes, we did hear about that crash. What a tragedy. I wondered if you knew any of the people who were killed. I'm sure it will take the town a while to recover from that.

Christi said...

That is so sad. It makes you appreciate being alive, doesn't it?